Our MPs


1. Who is my MP?

Click here and type in your postal code to find out.

2. Which division in Jalan Besar GRC am I in?

Click here to check out which division you are in.

3. Town Council only manages, maintains and improves the common areas in public housing estates. Why is this so?

Town Councils are autonomous legal entities formed under the Town Councils Act.

Town Councils are responsible for the day-to-day operations in managing the common property of HDB residential flats and commercial property within the town.

4. I am not living in a HDB estate. Who can I approach for assistance on estate matters?

You may send in your enquiry using the OneService App by clicking here.

Alternatively, you may also approach your Management Corporation Strata Title (MCST) of your condominium.

If you wish to approach your MP for help, you can also enter your postal code here to find your MP and their Meet-the-People Session details.

5. Do the MPs serve both public and private housing residents?

Our MPs serve both the public and private housing residents.

Service and Conservancy Charges (S&CC)


6. Why do I have to pay Service and Conservancy Charges (S&CC)?

S&CC are meant for the upkeeping and maintenance of the common areas as well as cyclical maintenance of the infrastructures and facilities in the Town.

7. How much are the monthly S&CC?

Click here to find out.

8. When is my S&CC payment due and payable?

S&CC is due on the 1st of every month and payable within the month.

For Service and Conservancy Charges, please click here.

For Payment Modes for Service and Conservancy Charges, please click here.

9. How can I pay my S&CC?

If you are currently using Interbank GIRO or Recurring Credit Card Service (RCCS)

We have made arrangements with your bank to make payment directly to the Town Council. You do not need to take any action.

First GIRO deduction – 28th of each month
Second GIRO deduction – 7th of the following month if the first deduction is unsuccessful

If the above-mentioned dates fall on public holidays, payment will be deducted on the next working day.

If you do not have any banking arrangements

You can pay your S&CC via the following payment modes here.

10. Can residents check their payment status online?

Currently, this service is not available. For Jalan Besar GRC and Potong Pasir SMC residents, you can call us at Tel: 6298 9222 to check on your payment status. Alternatively, residents can check their S&CC monthly amount payable through AXS/ SAM machines after the 7th of the month.

11. I am selling/transferring my flat, how do I pay my S&CC?

Residents are advised to come down personally to the Town Council with the HDB’s appointment letter before the appointment date. Town Council will collect the S&CC up to the date stated in the 2nd appointment letter and endorse on the HDB’s 2nd appointment letter upon the full settlement by the residents. S&CC payment is required up to the date of transfer of ownership or when the flat’s termination date takes place.

12. What is my Town Council Reference Number?

Residents can enquire through the AXS/ SAM machine by keying in their NRIC or address, or call us at Tel: 6298 9222 during office hours.

13. I have submitted my GIRO form some time ago. Why do I still receive notices that my S&CC is still outstanding?

Residents who have applied for GIRO will have their applications processed in approximately 2 months. In the meantime, all applicants are advised to pay their S&CC by other modes. Please refer to the modes of payment here.

14. How is the S&CC determined?

S&CC rates are determined by the Town Council. The rates may vary across the different flat types, design features and locations.

15. How do I apply for payment via GIRO/Credit Card Direct Debit Service?

You can download the GIRO/ Credit Card Direct Debit Service application form by clicking the following link:

GIRO application form

Credit Card Direct Debit Service application form

Application forms are also available at our Town Council offices:

  • Geylang Bahru Main Office: Block 70 Geylang Bahru #01-2719 Singapore 330070
  • Potong Pasir Office: Block 121 Potong Pasir Avenue 1 #01-271 Singapore 350121
  • Chin Swee Office: Block 54 Chin Swee Road #01-23 Singapore 160054

16. Why did I receive a reminder notice?

Town Council does not send a monthly tax invoice as the S&CC is a fixed monthly rate. Payments are due on the 1st of each month and if no payment is received by the 10th of the following month, a reminder notice will be sent to the residents to remind them of the outstanding amount payable, and late fee will be imposed. Please make your payment promptly to avoid being penalised.

You may consider subscribing to our SMS notification to remind you on your current month’s S&CC payment. To subscribe to the free SMS notification service, you may email us at feedback@jbtc.org.sg or drop by our offices with the following information:

  • Name of Registered Tenant/Lessee
  • Mobile Phone Number
  • Property Address